Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Fritz introduction
Thank you to John for welcoming me to Freshblog! I started out on Usenet in 1989 (using the old style bang! addresses), and used FidoNet before that. While FreshBlog is about blogtech, my primary interest is not in blogtech per se, but many of my interests intersect with issues of blog hacks, tips, tricks and tools. For example, usability, accessibility and communication are big for me. I like to answer the questions, "How do I find what I'm looking for on the net?" and "How do I help people find the correct information?"

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important to me, but only from the standpoint of helping people find what they're looking for. I run a website about cycling -- I'm not interested in your traffic if you want to know the latest basket weaving techniques. Ironically, some of my highest search queries have nothing to do about cycling!

Enough about me. Here's something for you. Bloggers (readers and writers alike) tend to have a high speed Internet connection, excellent web research skills and analytical capabilities, excellent written communication skills, and special areas of knowledge or fields of expertise.

Did I just describe the Freshblog reader? If so, Google wants to hire you. They're looking for people in the USA and Canada with those qualifications to help with ad quality evaluation. Via Search Engine Watch.

Hmm, I'm going to have to load up John's tools to do categories his style.
Posted at 2:19 PM by Yokota Fritz.

eXTReMe Tracker