Feed readers are personal. You have to see every post because most of the conversations are shallow. If you want to read 5k feeds you have to remove all the detail and only show the interesting content. Is this a new application? A meme reader? I think it's certainly possible we're seeing a new space emerge.
- Automated trackbacks that are de-facto meme-builders?
- Pre-selected tags that identify a post as a contribution to a specific conversation?
- Services that sort and display topically-connected posts as threads / memes, & don't show you post-level information until you've chosen topic & date?
- The end of efforts to map the whole blogosphere? Blog-search sites superceded by services that are specific topic-hubs, where selected individual memes are tracked.
- Microspheres... Units of blogs linked by similar topical interest, offering a single "meme-sub" to the sphere?
Interesting to speculate on what might be blogosphere, the next generation.