Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Unwanted Inbound. What to Do?
OK. After the comments deluge on the trackback post, another reader poll, but again with real-world ramifications. Let's say you've got an inbound from a blog that has mighty dodgy content, & that even in this world of generous links & interactivity you're not happy about

a: your logo being on their site

b: their site being listed in your referrer log on your front page

Whatcha gonna do? Is it worth a cordial e-mail to the site owner in question to ask him to remove the link? Are there other steps to take, or is there not a thing to be done? Thanks for the insight.

Filed in:
Posted at 1:34 PM by John.
2 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...
"Dodgy" as in spammy immoral unethical like some pr0n or gambling sites? I guess it depends on why they're doing it. If it's a clear attempt at TB spam or referer spam, I just ban their IP. But I run my blogs on my own hosts so I can do that.

<    >
Blogger Dragonetta said...
What can you do to stop someone (a Blogger user) who is constantly harassing you by leaving inappropriate comments on your blog? Is there a way to log their IP number? I've reported him to Blogger, but have gotten 3 form emails and no other response from them. I have just reported him to his ISP and I'm waiting for a response, but it could take a while.

What can I do? I don't want to turn off comments. He comments every day, four or five times. I've been deleting his comments, but I've saved the notification emails, which have the full comment on them. Please advise, thank you.


eXTReMe Tracker