Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Sunday, July 31, 2005
One hand giveth, and the other.....
So a couple of weeks ago blogger decided to support the use of images by blogspot users. Now it would seem that Blogger have decided that they don't support user favicons any more. My favicon has been replaced with the orange & white "B." Now, this logo already appears in my "I power blogger" button in the sidebar, and in the toolbar at the top of the page. You'd think they'd be willing to let me have a little fun in the address bar?

I suppose it is possible that Geocities have decided they won't support *.ico's any more, but the file is in my account. The code for my icon is still in my blogger template.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.geocities.com/jrfj44/fb.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

Update 8/01: Alright, I'm going to turn down the heat on the rant-o-meter. Maybe it's a browser thing? Investigating.....

Update Later 8/01: It's back. Who knows....

See also blogger-hacks, favicon.

Posted at 9:29 PM by John.
1 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Patricia said...
I see your favicon this morning, not blogger's.


eXTReMe Tracker