Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Sunday, March 20, 2005
Favicon.ico?
So, fresh from my technorati cosmos triumph I am trying to make a favicon, but it isn't working.

I am using the free editor at imageauthor.com, then saving the file to my directory on geocities, changing the filename back to an .ico and asking this blog to see it with the following html:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.geocities.com/jjewitt.geo/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

This came from thesitewizard.com and is hopefully fully functional, unless I'm screwing up the syntax. The old .ico is gone though, which makes me think that there's a problem with my image rather than anything else. Help if you can!! Thanks.

Update 3/21: So the problem was with the image & not the code. I made a new image, and voila, favicon in the address bar. Awesome!!

Update 7/28: Freshblog has had a graphics makeover, & my new Favicon was very easy to make using the CoolArchive Logo Generator. They let you define the size in pixels, & go as small as 16, so making the image was v. straighforward.
Posted at 4:33 PM by John.

eXTReMe Tracker