Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Saturday, March 19, 2005
Link Cosmos
After a couple of tries spread over a couple of weeks, and some time clicking around the web trying to find some instructions that will work, I have managed to add the technorati cosmos to each individual post page. This uses Technorati to show inbound links to individual posts, & therefore give an author some sense of what readers are finding interesting enough to link to.

I would be very surprised if any of my posts have been linked to by any means other than my grubby little trackbacks, but hey, part of the reason I blog is to keep my page spiffy with all the latest bells and whistles, so here's another whistle.....or is it a bell.......

[<a href="http://www.technorati.com/cosmos/search.html?
url=<$BlogItemPermalinkURL$>">Link Cosmos</a>]


The instructions came from Wizbang Tech via Wizbang, and the crucial twist is that the code for blogger is available in a zip file because it won't display correctly in a browser - which is why my first attempt, using info from this site, was not successful. I was steered to the right information by the Technorati Developer's Wiki. Thanks, Wiki!!!

Now, as usual, I just need to turn some readers into linkers so that there's a cosmos to reveal.

Update 8/1: Have switched to TalkDigger to provide my post's cosmos results. See my how-to & why.
Posted at 4:19 PM by John.

eXTReMe Tracker