Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Thursday, May 25, 2006
New Frontpage at Del.icio.us
Philipp Lenssen points out the changes on the Del.icio.us frontpage. Any thoughts? While clearly designed to make things appear more dynamic over there, with a short list of 3 "hot links every hour" appearing at the top of the page, I'm not sure that I like it as much as the long list of random frontpage goodies that you could browse to see what's going on across the whole site. I liked the color coded "how many people have bookmarked what" list, and the longer list of random goodies.

Phillipp also makes a great point that is suggestive of the future of social bookmarking. The list as it stands is tech oriented, and the next great "revolution" in the field has to be the adoption of these technologies by less geeky people, doesn't it? How long 'til there's recipes and horoscopes on the hot list?

Filed in:
Posted at 2:22 PM by John.
1 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Greg said...
At first, I was dissapointed with the new look .. where's the eclectic jumble of links?

Then I found it, and felt better about the whole thing.

Updating the front page with five links an hour may be a traffic minimisation strategy. I know when I'm bored, sitting in front of delicious and hitting F5 every few minutes is a viable option.

Not so much surfing the web, as watching the waves roll in ...


eXTReMe Tracker