Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Monday, February 06, 2006
coComment - clear conversation in the blogosphere
Another comment tracking service, this one, coComment is still in private beta. Looks strong:
When you comment on a blog, coComment keeps a copy of your message on a special page - called "your conversations" - that allows you to quickly see your comment and where it was posted, with a link to the original site. Display all the comments you make accross the blogosphere on your own blog. In one easy step you can show your readers where you've been commenting recently. Don't lose the value you create on other's blogs, benefit from it! Whether you've commented on a blog or you're just following a blog-based conversation of interest to you, coComment can let you know what's been added to a particular discussion in real time.
Hey, coComment folks... any chance of an invite?

via RanchoDelNada, where Ken has a discussion of existing tools and solutions.

Filed in: , , , , ,
Posted at 10:55 AM by John.
9 Comments:
<    >
Blogger JM said...
I got an invite just by putting my email address in the "please notify me when..." slot. Might try that! :)

<    >
Blogger John said...
Julie,

There was an invite in my e-mail this afternoon after I did just that!! Pretty cool!! Thanks for the tip.

<    >
Blogger RPM said...
What happens when a comment page opens in a new Firefox window (meaning, no access to the bookmarklet)?

<    >
Anonymous Anonymous said...
to RPM:

it has to be in the same window, so you will have to click back as far as i know.

<    >
Blogger RPM said...
Crafter: What I am saying is for example on this blog, the comment page opens up in a new window and that window does not have the Firefox toolbar, which means it does not have access to the Bookmarklet.

In such a case, I won't be able to track the comment through coComment :-(

<    >
Blogger Singpolyma said...
Once I've got an invite I'll definately be checking this out further :) RE popup window no bookmarklet -- if you use the greasemonkey script you don't really need the bookmarklet anyway...

<    >
Blogger RPM said...
@Singpolyma: Well, as it turns out, coComment is not supported on the pop up comment window. I saw a message this time saying that the window is not supported. :-(

I am switching my blog to flat comments window, no pop up windows.

<    >
Anonymous Anonymous said...
To RPM:

That is just what i meant.. it will still not work if is not click-go/click-back on the same window. GM or not.. not yet, CoComent need to put that in the parameters of use.

<    >
Blogger Singpolyma said...
Yes, I got that too when I posted my last comment. I'm trying to convince coComment to add support for the popup window ;) For now what you can do is click the link for the popup window and then alter the contents of the location bar not to include &isPopup=true. You will then be taken to the non-popup version of the page where you can post a comment and coComment will work :)


eXTReMe Tracker