Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Monday, December 05, 2005
Full or Partial Feeds? Well why choose?
Improbulus at A Consuming Experience has hacked up a way to offer both full and partial feeds on your blog using Feedburner. This is a great post, & this hack will allow the reader to choose their preference for feedreading, taking the pressure off the blogger who only offers one or the other. Of course, if you're only offering partial to drive traffic to your site, then you're probably not into offering both, but if you want to propagate your ideas as widely as possible, check out this great post!!
Whether to provide partial or full feeds is clearly pretty topical at the moment. I've been pondering the tension between the two, and the growing importance of full feeds, ever since Google Blog Search came out, if not before (in the context of Sitemaps). And I have devised my own solution to the dilemma (see my sidebar), which is - let's have them all: partial, full, excerpts, bring 'em on!


Improbulus has been getting a lot of recognition lately, and this post is an excellent example of why. Great stuff!!

Filed in: , ,
Posted at 11:37 AM by John.
1 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...
I've been providing multiple feeds (full & partial) through Feedburner for a while now. I wish I woulda thought to write an article about it!

I provide full feeds because that's what my subscribers want. I created the partial feed for a subscriber who used my content on his website, but he only wanted clippings, not the full feed.


eXTReMe Tracker