Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Firefox 1.5 and Greasemonkey
Apparently Firefox 1.5 may not play nicely with Greasemonkey, whether the whole thing or the individual scripts. Let's see how this impacts tagging for categories, whether this requires some script reconstruction, & whether there's a new greasemonkey version on the horizon....

Update 12/01: Johan reports that the new greasemonkey 0.6.4 is out & available, for all of you who upgraded to Firefox 1.5. See Userscripts.org for the updated version, & for the wiki that will tell you how to fix any scripts that remain broken w/ the new version.

Posted at 11:28 AM by John.
6 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Singpolyma said...
I hope greasemonkey comes out with a new version soon... I can't seem to get the extension to run at all in Firefox 1.5!

<    >
Blogger Jim Jannotti said...
nope doesn't work at all. Hope they hurry, I've got categorizing and tagging to do and my poor little fingers are getting overworked doing it by hand. Boo hoo.

<    >
Blogger Johan Sundström said...
Are you running Greasemonkey 0.6.3? Works like a charm for me, though I heard Jasper on the Greasemonkey mailing list reporting occasional trouble with running that and the Google Toolbar at the same time. The 0.6.3 build above is not official, but I find it much better than no Greasemonkey at all, and have been running it successfully ever since the early 1.5 release candidates.

Note that it will not succeed in invoking any Greasemonkey scripts on pages (i e eBay) that use the document.domain feature to bypass the same origin security policy. Aaron Boodman fixed that bug in CVS on November 18:th, though, so 0.6.4 (or whatever the release version will be) will not suffer from this.

(It might on the other hand reintroduce the alert() on installing a user script again, so I might not upgrade myself, once it's out.)

<    >
Blogger Johan Sundström said...
Peculiar timing of the above; 0.6.4 is out now. :-)

<    >
Blogger John said...
Thanks Johan... guess I'll be upgrading this w/e.... (who needs sleep!!)

Hopefully our scripts will still work in the new version.

<    >
Blogger 雪男 said...
I don't know whether it's only me who have this problem. When I click "Append Tags", there's no response. It will have a message down there saying something like "Can't connect to blogger.com. Test Connection".

Someone on userscripts.org also comment about this. Can you look into this? Thanks.


eXTReMe Tracker