First, what does the navbar do for you & why should you keep it?
- Brings you some traffic through the "next blog" button, & would bring some to your neighbor too, if you kept your bar. Give a little love!!
- Allows an easy one-click link to blogger for editing / posting to your blog.
- Enables you to search your own blog for archived stuff that you'd like to refer to / edit.
- Allows you to perform a Google Blogs search for relevant stuff directly out of your blog.
- Allows your blogspot-dwelling readers to blog your material instantly w/ blogthis! (& allows you to do the same with their stuff, integrating & tightening the blogosphere.)
- Somewhat controversially allows for the flagging of objectionable (sploggy?) content to bring it to the attention of blogger admin.
That said, if your interpretation of the TOS is different from mine, and you'd like your 50 pixels (or whatever) back, here's some options for you.....
- Use CSS to hide the Navbar - from Blogger Templates. I interpret this as a TOS violation & don't recommend it.
- Comment out the navbar - from Tygar-blog. Ditto.
- Customise the color of the navbar so that it works with your template - from blogkardesligi
....I think I just answered my own question. Back to bed!!