Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Categories using Furl & Feeds
Wow!! Another new way to do this.... and lots of automation here!! William at BlogBlogBlog has furled all his old posts with a given bookmark, then published the rss feed for that bookmark in a post on his blog, & linked to those feed-carrying posts from his sidebar. Every time he furls a new post, the feed is updated & the post stays current with a list of all his posts for that category.

Great work, William!!

Can you feed your tags out of del.icio.us, or just your bookmarks?

Update: Oh, well would you look at that?
RSS feeds are available wherever you see an orange RSS logo. The general format of RSS urls is:
 User:    del.icio.us/rss/joe
Tag: del.icio.us/rss/tag/bananas
Combo: del.icio.us/rss/julian/science
I sense some automation coming on.... and perhaps a way to differentiate a few select categories from the extended morass of tags that I generate so that I get spotted in tag searches.

Filed in:
Posted at 7:52 PM by John.
2 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Angelsong said...
John...

I need your assistance with something. Please e amil me at the address found on the g mail button in my blog. I couldn't find any other way of contacting you. Thanks!

<    >
Blogger wi^3 said...
Just found that del.icio.us also provide a "Linkrolls" function that is similar to what I did in furl for the category, check this out:
http://del.icio.us/doc/feeds/js/

Cheers!!
William


eXTReMe Tracker