Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Desert Island Blogs
Steve at MicroPersuasion channels his inner Roy Plomley to bring us a list of his top ten blogs, and a custom tag to group other posts that deal with the same material. [] If I'm using the tag, I guess I ought to come up with a list... & since my blogroll has been in a bit of a flux, it might be an interesting exercise. No particular order:
  1. Blogging LA: The quintessential metroblog. An example of a group blog that can capture the experience of living in a city on multiple levels.
  2. A Welsh View: Robert finds things on the web that no-one else could, and packages them perfectly!!
  3. Jimmy Meritt: Stand-up comedy, the next generation. Read the blog, feel the funny.
  4. PostSecret: Blogtech enables public art & public confessions. A great & distinctive application for the medium.
  5. Samuel Pepys: Again, an innovative application for a new technology, reprinting Pepys one day at a time. 1 January 1660 was published on 1 January 2003.
  6. WalkLA: Lisa Salem is checking out her city on foot, meeting folks & experiencing things at ground level. Again, innovative use of new tech.
  7. BoingBoing: No explanation necessary.
  8. Inhabitat: Sustainable architecture and all-round cool design. I'll be needing a hut, & someplace cool to keep my coconuts...
  9. FlickrZen: What does the rest of the world look like? The best of Flickr
  10. 10X10: Is it a blog? Who knows or cares!! It brings the news in a graphic, artistic & interactive form, and generates a new slide every hour.
So those are my 10, at least for now, & I guess what many of them have in common is that they break out of the usual "journal / diary" format & make the medium the message....

Take the tag, [], and write your 10. I'll be interested to read them...

Update: If you're here from Full of Crap, it's good to see you!! Feel the info-tainment!!

Filed in: , ,
Posted at 6:20 PM by John.
1 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Unknown said...
John,

Thanks for sending me to 10x10. That's a great site. I don't know if I'd consider it a blog or not but it's cool.


eXTReMe Tracker