Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Sunday, October 23, 2005
How do I contact you?
If you have a blog, please set up an e-mail account or a form or at the very least have your comments turned on so that you can get some feedback. I will admit to not being the most transparent of bloggers in the "author biography" department, but you can get in touch with me if you need to.

I rant because a new blog has linked to the category method, begun to tag with one of the tools, and forgotten to edit in his own del.icio.us I.D. This is going to make the method a bit less than effective, since all his tags link to my account even though he is (hopefully) bookmarking the stuff in his own.

Went in there to administer a gentle heads-up, & whaddaya know. No comments, no e-mail, no response form... No way to get in touch with the author for means fair, foul or del.icio.us.

So even if it's a geocities form that posts to a yahoo mail account with a cheesy alias (but who would do such a thing?...) please get your blog some interactivity.

That's all....

Posted at 3:18 PM by John.
3 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Singpolyma said...
since half the point of blogging is the potential for feedback, i still don't understand why anyone does otherwise :P

<    >
Blogger mojotek said...
I actually think I ran across his... interesting that you would find his too.

<    >
Blogger Morten Skogly said...
I couldn't find your email adresse (haha) so I'm posting this here :)

You asked me to contact you if I got around to writing a howto on how to make faux-categories on blogger/blogspot, so I did.

To view it, and my posts in the flash category, please visit this post.

As you can see I have added a javascript that gets a parameter from the url, and then does a search. There are loads of ways to improve this, and tweak it, and heaps of services to use, but I think it is a good starting point, and a fairly easy method to implement for blogspot users that lack categories. Enjoy!
http://pappmaskin.blogspot.com/2005/10/blogger-categories.html?tag=Flash


eXTReMe Tracker