As you may recall, I was surprised last August to see that 37% of our 929 subscribers accessed Freshblog via R-Mail. Well, the trend continues. 519 of Freshblog's 1180 subscribers, or 44% now use R-Mail. We're 8th on the R-Mail top-blogs list. This is our biggest single subscriber chunk, and we've piled on 172 new R-Mail readers since Aug. More than twice as many readers see Freshblog posts through R-Mail than through Bloglines, & we're 46% R-Mail - 54% All other Readers at this point, which is much heavier on the e-mail end of things than I would, off the top of my head, have thought.
So let's revisit my questions from Aug, & provide an opportunity for some delurking on the part of our e-mail subscribers. We want to hear from you! If you access Freshblog through R-Mail....
- How many other blogs do you read that way?
- What prompted your choice to read blogs through e-mail?
- What e-mail program do you use, & have you crafted filters and such to help to sort the incoming content?
- Was the prominence of the R-Mail widget here a factor in your decision?
- Are you "new" to RSS?
- Do you have a Feedreader account as well as some e-mail subscriptions?
Filed in: feeds readers blogtech