Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Sunday, September 11, 2005
Fresh Blog, Fresh Look
So guess how I spent the weekend? I wanted something brighter, cleaner-looking, and I wanted a single sidebar, because the two-sidebar scenario was becoming disorganised and if I didn't know where to find stuff, why should I expect any readers to?

There may be minor design changes to come (font sizes etc.) If you find anything that doesn't work or looks funny, let me know, and if anyone can tell me how to get the text in the sidebar header-boxes to turn white, that would be great!! I tried, and it wasn't working for me....

Update your bookmarks to get the new cool favicon!!

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it. Now back to the content.....

Posted at 7:44 PM by John.
5 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Jim Jannotti said...
I like the new look a lot, even the non-white header text in the sidebar. It's very clean and now that you've redesigned it I think I agree with your feeling about the previous look. You're getting better all the time.

One minor thing, the post margin extends just beyond the reach of my screen unless I use the full screen (no bookmarks sidebar or all-in-one sidebar in Firefox). It's easy to close the bar, of course, so I'm not complaining, just observing.

Nice work.

<    >
Anonymous Anonymous said...
This looks more professional :-)

<    >
Blogger Patricia said...
Looking very good! Two thumbs up. :)

<    >
Love the new look. Hate the cross hair cursor.

<    >
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...
Looks nice, John. The tons of scripts you have running, though, still results in very. Slow. Load. Time. This is on Mozilla Firefox running on a *mumble* GHz Wintel box. Still running Win2K SP4 'cause I'm too lazy to upgrade.


eXTReMe Tracker