First though, of course, is for Mornington Crescent. So what about London?
- One: Look through the window as you travel between Tottenham Court Road and Holborn on the Central Line and you'll see a station - where no passengers have alighted since 1932. This used to be British Museum station.
- Two: Photos of abandoned stations.
- Three: Slightly spoddy historical essay on the topic.
- Four: If they're not underground, what's the point?
- Five: H2G2
- Six: NYC again - The High Line
I'm doing it again, making a link list when Google will do it for you, & this site does it too.
So why is this interesting? Abandoned technology, social & urban transformation, hidden infrastructure, secret lives and histories and journeys, metropolitan evolution...... heck, the whole thing will be abandoned when we invent the teleporter!!!