Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Saturday, September 04, 2004
Revelation
So in editing and reflecting and perfecting the previous post, I had a revelation, and I think that after a year and a half I am finally able to articulate what this blog is for, or perhaps was for.
  1. I wrestle daily with the idea that I came here with a 2 part plan and that only 50% of it worked out. I'm winging the other 50%. This isn't olympic wrestling or in-depth psychosis, but it is a part of who I am, esp. as I watch my friends go on to fame and glory.
  2. I occasionally wonder what would have happened if I had taken the advice of someone I respect greatly but have never met, & stuck with the bird in the hand back in the summer of '98.
  3. I sometimes think about having the chance to be a research historian in London. (See Thacker, William. q.v.)
  4. This blog was born before it hatched, but I think the "britblog" notion was a way to keep me engaged with that alternate dimension parallel version of myself.
  5. Can't be done, because as all the previous posts prove & every English teacher in the world will tell you, you have to write what you know, & from here it is v. difficult to know anything much about daily life anywhere else than here.

This never was a britblog. It was a sliding doors "2 versions of Gwyneth Paltrow" blog. Now it probably needs to be about something else. Any ideas?

Posted at 2:16 PM by John.

eXTReMe Tracker