Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Friday, August 29, 2003
Marketing 101
From Lileks. Go read the whole thing. As usual this says it better than I ever could.

"For the last few days we’ve gotten a call from Sadie’s, a kid’s photography company. Gnat had a sitting a few weeks ago. When the number popped up on caller ID I called it back, and was informed that this customer did not accept incoming phone calls. That’s good marketing. That’s fine customer relations. We can bother you, but you can’t call us. I phoned the local store; the clerk said they were probably trying to sell us enlargements. I called the home office in Utah. He said they were conducting a survey. Typical. In order to best serve our customers, we shall embark on a campaign to alienate them." [More]

Can I have your zipcode? No
Can I have your phone number? No
Would you like a bonus loyalty reward "we own information about how often you buy toothpaste" card? er..... No.
We'll send you coupons in the mail. No.... No you won't.
Posted at 9:16 AM by John.

eXTReMe Tracker