Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Friday, August 29, 2003
Cash Hurt
From MTV.com
"[Justin] Timberlake and Coldplay each earned three trophies, two better than Johnny Cash, who took only one of the six categories for which he was nominated, Best Cinematography.

Although Cash was often called "the man" (or "the mother----ing man" as Snoop Dogg put it), Timberlake's "Cry Me a River" beat the tearjerker "Hurt" for Best Male Video. The 'NSYNC star also won Best Pop Video and Best Dance Video.

"I want a recount," Timberlake said. "My grandfather raised me on Johnny Cash, I'm from Tennessee ... I guess I share this with him in some cool way. He deserves a round of applause." (To learn more about the infamous Man in Black, check out Kurt Loder's "Johnny Cash: Original Gangsta").

Coldplay, who dedicated their performance of "The Scientist" to Cash (the only other tribute to the legendary crooner during the show), batted a thousand with wins for Best Group Video, Breakthrough Video and Best Direction for "The Scientist."

Besides all that... I love how MTV has to repackage classic music for kids so that they will be interested in it & figure it out. "To learn more about the infamous Man in Black, check out Kurt Loder's "Johnny Cash: Original Gangsta" Sure!!
Posted at 8:09 AM by John.

eXTReMe Tracker