Blogger Hacks, Categories, Tips & Tricks

Thursday, June 23, 2005
Automating Categories
I'm not sure how nutritious it is to have deodorant for lunch, but it must be working because here's a mod for the tag script that automates it... "BlogFresh uses a tagging script that generates an HTML string that you manually insert into your page. Well, I'm lazy. So I allowed for the Link dialog to be displayed (Settings->Formatting on Blogger) and rewrote the technorati delicious tagging script to automatically insert the HTML string into the Link input."

I'll try it & see what happens.

Filed in: , , , ,

Update 5/2/06: Comments suggest that there is a bug in the script that writes out your tags into the title of your post. Not good. Will investigate when I get chance, but in the meantime, I recommend Johan's script with a side order of Freshtags!
Posted at 9:58 PM by John.
4 Comments:
<    >
Blogger Jay Woolsrake said...
I'm curious if anyone else has encountered the following issue, and wonder if it has something to do with the particular design template I use on Blooger.

Deoderantforlunch's script inserts a beautiful set of keyword links into the "Links" field in my Blogger post, which appear nicely at the end of the post where I placed the code. However, a portion of the link code also appears in the title of the post.

E.G.:

The script inserts very basic link codes for the words "religion" and "nonsense" into the "Link" field of a post called "miracles."

At the end of the post the following words appear as nice little links:

religion, nonsense

But then the title of the post becomes the following:

religion, nonsense" title="external link"> miracles

The automatically generated code looks correct to me. Anyone else experience this problem?

<    >
Blogger Unknown said...
I just can't get his to work at all. It gives me a headache!

<    >
Blogger Audrey Tang said...
I had the same problem as jay woolsrake did, with the extra code appearing on my post title. Is there a way to fix this?

<    >
Blogger John said...
Audrey,

I'm checking. In the meantime try Johan's script, which will do the same thing w/ some spiffy extras.


eXTReMe Tracker